Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yeah for Fah-yeh.

In my attempt to share some of my favorite indulgences (for those attempting to eat healthy, yet-satisfying things). I had to share my favorite yogurt....

I'm not sure why this stuff is so exciting for me, I suppose because it reminds me of my childhood. My Grandfather used to make Syrian food when I was younger & one of my favorites was "Leban" (not sure if I spelled that right)... but it was like a yogurt - that I'd put on top of everything, I couldn't get enough of it.

Fage reminds me of "Leban" - only BETTER. I've seen many mixed reviews online, but for 90-little calories - this stuff gets me energized in the morning. You can add fruit to it and feel like you're splurging or eat it just plain. My Italian Aunt LOVES this stuff since I introduced her to it - but she likes to layer honey over the top. It's thick, it's creamy (after you stir it of course) and it's the first thing I look forward to after my morning gym visit. These little buggers unfortunately aren't cheap - and other brands make their own greek yogurts (Oikos by Stonyfield makes one that has only 80-calories)... any of them work. My local KeyFoods just has the Fage brand. I have used it to make a fat-free tsatziki dip in the past too - not bad... unless of course you do what I like to do and indulge in some serious loaves of bread for that "fat-free" dip. Ultimately making slightly contradictory. Ha ha... oh well - we live once right? (I certainly didn't say I was perfect).

No comments:

Post a Comment