Tuesday, August 3, 2010

AUGUST!!! Hellllloooooooooooo month #8.

Whew. I made it to August. Official start of month #8 of our little dude's "cooking time". If you've been following this blog all along, you know it's been a crazy rollercoaster for me - but now that I've hit August, I'm officially insane.

I find that I take lots of naps now that the pain from the gremlins has subsided... and while I've never been a "napper" - It's been my part-time job on the weekends these days to NAP. Funny, because I really only get 20-30 minute naps, but I'm LOVING them... must be my trial run to mommy-hood??? Unfortunately, it's caused me to miss out on some fun resident events where I live and I think people are finding my company un-amusing, but I guess it comes with the territory. Our little guy is quite active in my belly these days too - kicking, rolling, hiccuping, etc. I swear, he's playing soccer with the 'fibroid gremlins' too - because I see these big waves on my belly every so often.

Why else am I insane? Well - let's just say, somedays I wake up optimistic that 9 weeks is NOTHING - and I'm excited, anxious and ready. Other days, I wake up feeling gigantic and fearful that 9 weeks is going to take an eternity. I have a lot of work to do at the office before I go out on leave and I really don't want to go out a day early - I'd much rather save any time out of work with the baby, so I can adjust and establish new routines. So, my moods are all over the place... hormones again??? I ask again - WHY do women keep doing this??? I find that I'm worrying about little guy's arrival too. I just think after all of this time, he'd better be OK.

So................. Hello Month #8. Please go easy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment